This course is different from anything I've ever created. I give you a play-by-play as we watch video footage from a session here at the studio. You see everything. My mistakes, my big wins, my inside jokes with the client. I give commentary the whole way, and point out different things that I'm doing in the session.
You get to see how I work, and how I overcome creative issues that arise. Until this point, all of my courses have been discussion style videos with footage of audio tests that I insert in the video. I'm known for this style of tutorial video on YouTube. But because of the live footage with commentary, this course almost feels like a reality TV show. You see lots of moments that have nothing to do with recording, but they are a part of working with people when recording. The course also reminds me of watching a movie with the "Directors commentary" enabled. This is where a DVD has extra features, and you can watch the movie with an added sound narration of the director giving his inside stories behind the scenes of the movie. There's so much to learn here.
Not only do I give you the foundations of multitrack recording, but I also point out how I run the session and how I control the creative energy. You get to see me change the bass guitar tone...about 15 times. You get to see me struggle with an issue with the headphone mix when I can't get the click track working properly. I point out my own mistakes, and how I could have handled it better. I show it all. My mistakes. My wins. My "Amateur hour" moments My "Rock star" moments as an engineer. More importantly: You see the client fail, take risks, and succeed with the birth of a song that didn't exist before. You see me push the client, mildly insult the client, and encourage the client...all out of interest to get the best from them, and for them to discover something they didn't know they had inside. This is a course, but it's so much more.
It's an account of the birth of something creative. Layer by layer, it's The Birth of a Song - Multitrack Recording I truly hope you join me in celebrating the moment we had in the studio, learn from my mistakes, and go on to create amazing music with recording clients of your own. Here's the list of course videos: Foundations of Multitrack Recording
- Lesson 1: When to Use a Layered "Multitrack" Recording Method (13:24)
- Lesson 2: Planning Out the Recording Session (8:07)
- Lesson 3: The Very First Steps of Multitracking (6:22)
- Lesson 4: Session Start - Drum Mics and Audio Issues (8:16)
- Lesson 5: Recording Drums (7:57)
- Lesson 6: Recording Bass and First Rhythm Guitar (32:56)
- Lesson 7: Recording More Guitars (31:47)
- Lesson 8: Recording Vocals (25:16)
Total Course Length
Bonus - Step-by-step email support directly from me (Ryan)
- Something sound a little off and you can't figure out why?
- Just email me a short audio file, and I'll give you a custom step-by-step process on how to improve.
- You get immediate access to all the videos. Total video time is 2 Hours, and 14 Minutes.
- You never expire or go out of date. You have this course for life.
- Download the HD videos in 1080p, PLUS the raw tracks from the recording session.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- I want you to be completely happy with the course and coaching. If you are not happy for any reason, just email me within the first 30 days from your purchase and I'll refund 100% of the purchase price for this course.