Be a Fly on the Wall with a Multi-platinum Mixing Legend
You've heard his mixes on the radio, and in stores. His work is everywhere. This course is about an elite LA mix engineer who surfaces from his mix room, and invites me to film his mix process. The song he mixes is "Montana" by Hustle Souls. It's a New Orleans style march, with funky guitar and bass. PLUS a whole brass section too!
Over the span of 4 videos in the course, we get to see a master at work. I'll stop him to ask questions and prod him for insights.
Oh...And it's not just about you and I watching Mixerman. You get to participate. Bonus #1: You get the raw tracks for "Montana". Download the tracks, make your mix, and compare with what Mixerman does. Bonus #2: You can post your mix of "Montana" to build your resume to show off your mixing skills! I've personally made a mix of my own, and I can't wait to hear what you can do with the song too.
I always have enjoyed seeing how Mixerman works. For "Montana", I learned that he's not above using stock DAW plugins, or even doing a mix entirely in the box!?! The techniques he uses in the course are highly repeatable by anyone at home.
This is the fourth course that I've created with Mixerman. Since our very first course together, I've personally seen Mixerman go from external summing and an outboard SSL Bus compressor, to a mix process that relies on internal DAW summing, plugins, and even DIY mastering tools such as iZotope to get the job done. If you Google "Eric Sarafin", you will see he is all about doing Grade A, world-class work. He knows how to get high-end results while using in-the-box tools. Heck, he even used guitar pedal emulations that came stock with Logic! He shows us why you would apply a stereo reverb onto a guitar track, versus put it upstream of an amp simulator. It is more about the "Why", and less about the "Gear" that you use. There's a purpose behind his choices.
And we get to see him use his experience to craft a mix quickly in just a few hours. It's about using your experience and technique...not about how much the plugins cost. Can you really use a stock Logic compressor on the stereo bus? Well....we did!
This course is unique. It's not just about learning a set list of topics. This is about seeing an entire creative process come to life, and then pointing out insights as they happen during the mix process.
Here's what's in the course:
- Filmed by Ryan Earnhardt at Mixerman's studio, with two cinematic cameras, professional lighting and a direct screen recording of the DAW.
- A detailed account of an entire mix session that shows the complete process of mixing a song.
- Segmented into 4 videos
- You can stream and download in beautiful cinema-quality HD
- Raw audio tracks for "Montana" by Hustle Souls
The Course is divided into four videos:
- Video 1 (1 Hour, 30 Minutes)
- Video 2 (1 Hour, 30 Minutes)
- Video 3 (27 Minutes)
- Video 4 (42 Minutes)
Some Topics and Skills You Will Learn:
- Where to start a mix
- How to set up gain staging that is unique to DAWs
- How to bus tracks and why you would want to
- Compression techniques
- EQ techniques
- Drum mixing Techniques
- Bass Saturation Techniques
- Stereo Bus compression
- How your mix is affected when you add stereo bus processing
- How loud should your mix be?
- When should you apply effects to the stereo mix?
- Tons more!
- You get immediate access to all the videos. Total video time is 4 Hours, and 9 Minutes.
- You never expire or go out of date. You have this course for life.
- Stream the videos in beautiful 4k through Vimeo.
- Download the HD videos in 1080p,
You get the raw tracks for "Montana". Download the tracks, make your mix, and compare with what Mixerman does.
You can post your mix of "Montana" to build your resume to show off your mixing skills!
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- I want you to be completely happy with the course. If you are not happy for any reason, just email me within the first 30 days from your purchase and I'll refund 100% of the purchase price for this course.
Price Listed Blow is United States Dollars (USD)